Monday, March 10, 2008

Frank the Rabbit bike

For those who have seen Bootleg Sessions, you have no doubt marveled at the crazy setup on Shigeo's bike. I personally loved the way it looked... or maybe not so much the way it looked as the way it looked like it felt, if that makes any sense.

So, just for the hell of it, I recently decided to emulate this setup to a certain degree on my commuter so that I could experience the super-high riser effect for myself. Here is the final result...





Obviously my rig is not sporting a pursuit frame like Shigeo's does, and to add to that I'm huge and ride an enormous bike, so the end result is that it pretty much turned out looking like Frank the Rabbit from the movie "Donnie Darko."



Yes, the bike looks completely ridiculous. However, it is absurdly comfortable... the position on the grips is easy on the back during my 10 mile each way commute, and I can snug my hands down into the section by the stem to get a lower profile if necessary. And, since I'm not really concerned with fashion to begin with, I'm probably going to keep it this way. Just call me Frank.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BURD

Love it man! That has just made me laugh out with sheer happiness! Who cares what the others say? I'll be running cruiser bars on my MTB next... Looking forawrd to vol II

Ben W said...

Whats the rise on those bud?

Ben W

Burd said...

Ben... those bad boys are 5" steel risers. That's the highest I could find that didn't have a crossbar, heh.