Thursday, February 19, 2009

R.I.P. Ethan Runnels

I just found out that a good friend of mine went missing on Saturday after his canoe capsized in the White River and is now presumed dead. Ethan Runnels worked at my local bike shop and helped me out with a ton of stuff over the past few years. He was truly a unique and amazing guy, and would routinely do the sorts of things that other people talk about doing but never actually do, like move to Montana for 6 months and live completely off the land. He didn't just talk about doing things, he went out and did them, and in that way he was a major inspiration on myself and many others.

I can't even believe how much this sucks. I can't even think of any other way to put it right now. We'll all miss you Ethan...

1 comment:

juno said...

Ethan was an inspiration to all of us. Yes, most of us just talk about the things and pursuits we want to follow and before you know it we are middle aged and missed our chance. Ethan will continue to teach us all life lessons. Everytime we actually get off our behinds and "just do it" we are following his lead. I will think of him when I need an extra push to get myself going.