Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am Batman

About a year ago I crashed and busted my hip pretty good. It got better after awhile, but since then I've been having loads of lower back problems. About once every 4 to 6 months my back freaks out and seizes up so bad that I can't even stand up for a couple of days, and it usually takes a couple of weeks before it settles back to what I now consider to be normal.

The freak out thing happened again last weekend, and I'm supposed to be flying to NYC this Friday to film some crap for Empire and hang out with everybody. Not good. So, in a move of absolute desperation, I went out and bought one of these...



...an inversion table. For the past few days I've been hanging upside-down Batman style in hopes that it will stretch my shit out enough that I can actually ride a bike by the end of the week. Not sure if it's helping my back yet, but the head rush I get from it is pretty fun...!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have similar problems and finally went to see a chiropractor. I know that alot of people have issues with the chiro but all I gotta say is that I couldn't walk for a week, then I got the "adjustments" and have been pain free for 6 months. much better than surgery

Maureen Grady said...

instead of chiropractics, what about massage therapy?! you must address muscle tension in order to address the tension they[tense/hyper-shortened muscles] create on your bones.

get some structural integration or rolfing on your core. you will feel like a new man.

p.s. it is believed that inverted poses are the fountain of youth. hang upside down for a little while every day and find immortality.