Thursday, August 20, 2009

Subversive Activity 'zine


Subversive Activity 'zine
Originally uploaded by burdphil
Picked up this 'zine at my local independent record store tonight. I love 'zines, whether they're good, bad, or otherwise. Doesn't matter to me, I'll read them all.

Seems like everything I've ever been involved in has been supported by the 'zine culture, from freestyle in the '80s to punk/hardcore in the '90s to the fixed gear thing in the 2000s. I'm not sure what that says about me, in fact I'd rather not think about it.

To be honest though, I consider the Bootleg series to be in the 'zine family in a way. 'Zines are all kind of patched together and printed on the cheap, full of people/bands/whatever that you've never really heard of, and usually vanish into oblivion after three issues or so.

Maybe I'll put together a 'zine full of random interviews with all of the Bootleg riders just for the hell of it...

1 comment:

Cort said...

Bootleg def isn't vanishing after 3 issues!