Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Up Up and Away


Up Up and Away
Originally uploaded by burdphil

Got a copy of Up Up and Away by Sunday Bikes when it came out a month or two ago. Good stuff. My two favorite riders are Ian Schwartz and Eric Lichtenstein, both of whom are guys who, interestingly enough, don't run pegs.

Even in BMX (street riding that is) I much prefer the pegless approach because it forces guys to think completely differently about how they ride. I guess that's why I was so into the fixed gear stuff initially, the format generated a ton of creativity and new ideas, and that's really what it's all about for me. I love seeing guys come up with things I've never seen before, no matter what kind of bike they're riding.

This web edit by Ian Schwartz came out about a year ago and is included in the bonus features...



Chances are you've seen it before, but it's still one of my all-time favorite edits...

3 comments:

Prolly said...

FUCK YES! FUCK PEGS!

Prolly said...

(on fixed gears)

tehrobot said...

man thats the bmx first edit i really liked, his freecoaster style is boss.
i still watch it all the time.